|course code||cycle os studies||academic semester||credits ECTS||teaching language|
To develop an understanding of adolescence and the mastery of skills that facilitate the establishment of educational interactions and the promotion of pupils' global development and learning.
I - Human development
1. Human development as a complex biopsychosocial phenomenon.
2. Growth factors and development tasks.
II - The development in adolescence
1. The complexity and heterogeneity of development in adolescence.
2. Adolescent development: main areas and tasks.
3. Physiological and psychosexual developments.
4. Cognitive development and learning.
5. Moral development and values education.
6. Social and psycho-sociological determinants.
7. The development of identity: synthesis and consolidation.
III - Some aspects of the adolescent experience
1. The adolescents and school life.
2. Socialization in adolescence.
3. Teenagers' health education.
There are not prerequisites
|total of teaching hours||75|
|Sseminar or study visit||10 %|
|Laboratory or field work||10 %|
|Synthesis work thesis||20 %|
Braconnier, A. e Marcelli, D. (2000). As mil faces da adolescência. Lisboa. Climepsi.
Claes, M. (1985). Os problemas da adolescência. Lisboa. Verbo.
Campos, B. (1997) (Cord.). Psicologia do desenvolvimento e educação dos jovens I. Lisboa. Univ. Aberta.
Miranda, G. e Bahia, S. (2005). Psicologia da educação: temas de desenvolvimento, aprendizagem e ensino. Lisboa. Relógio d’Água.
Flemming, M. (2005). Entre o medo e o desejo de crescer: psicologia da adolescência. Porto. Afrontamento.
Sprinthall, N. e Collins, W. (1994). Psicologia do adolescente. Lisboa. FCG.
Sprinthall, N. e Sprinthall, R. (1993). Psicologia educacional. Lisboa. McGraw-Hill.
The content development will be based on theoretical and empirical contributions presented in class or explored through research and synthesis essays.
These approaches will be complemented with case studies focusing on various aspects of adolescent experience.
The methodology of case study may be associated with simulation and role playing strategies.
It will also be undertaken study visits, as well as small researchs in the field of schools, involving the analysis of intervention projects related to the themes addressed.