11. Lasers. Population inversion. Stimulated emission. Resonant cavities and their own ways. Types of lasers. Properties of the laser light.
12. Holography. Analysis of the physical principle and applications.
- students should already know the electromagnetic theory.
- the previous knowledge of elementary geometric optics is desirable.
- students should already be familiarized with algebra, complex numbers, infinitesimal calculus and the differential equations.
Generic skills to reach
. Competence in analysis and synthesis; . Competence to solve problems; . Critical thinking; . Ethical commitment; . Creativity; . Competence in oral and written communication; . Computer Skills for the scope of the study; . Adaptability to new situations; . Quality concerns; . Self-criticism and self-evaluation; (by decreasing order of importance)
Teaching hours per semester
total of teaching hours
Laboratory or field work
assessment implementation in 20102011 Problems solving : 10.0% Mini-tests : 10.0% Laboratorial or field work : 20.0% Frequency: 20.0% Exam: 40.0%