Know and understand the main principles of transduction of physical and chemical properties.
Provide the student with the ability to analyze and solve problems involving the use of advanced sensing systems.
Being able to design sensory systems capable of local processing and interconnection capacity with other intelligent systems.
Generic skills to reach
. Competence in analysis and synthesis; . Competence to solve problems; . Using the internet as a communication medium and information source; . Critical thinking; . Creativity; . Competence in applying theoretical knowledge in practice; . Computer Skills for the scope of the study; . Competence for working in group; . Competence in working in interdisciplinary teams; . Competence in working in an international context; . Competence in autonomous learning; (by decreasing order of importance)
Teaching hours per semester
total of teaching hours
Laboratory or field work
assessment implementation in 20182019 Assessment Laboratory work or Field work: 30.0% Exam: 70.0%
Bibliography of reference
• Fraden, J. (2003) – Handbook of Modern Sensors: Physics, Designs, and Applications, Springer.
• Pallás-Areny, R., Webster, J.(2000) – Sensors and Signal Conditioning, Wiley.
• Frank, R. (2000) – Understanding Smart Sensors, Artech House.
• Beeby, S., Ensell, G., Kraft, M., White, N. (2004) - MEMS Mechanical Sensors, Artech House.
• Wilson, J. (2007) – Sensor Technology Handbook, Newnes.
• Webster, J. (1998) – The Measurement, Instrumentation and Sensors Handbook, CRC.
• Gardner, J. (1994) – Microsensors: Principles and Applications, Wiley.
Theoretical classes with detailed presentation, using audiovisual means, of the concepts, principles and fundamental theories.
Laboratory classes with execution of practical projects.
Placas de desenvolvimento baseadas em microcontroladores. Componentes electrónicos para interface com transdutores. Diversos tipos de transdutores. Computadores pessoais e software de desenvolvimento de aplicações para microcontroladores. Ferramentas de modelação e simulação de sistemas dinâmicos (e.g., Matlab)