-Understand the operation of the fundamental electronic devices (operational amplifiers, diodes, bipolar transistors and MOS transistors)
-Develop the skill for analyzing and designing basic electronic circuits
-Applying the theorems of linear circuits to understand and simplify electronic circuits
-To understand and use the basic models of semiconductor devices
-To use circuits models and simulation tools
1. Introduction: theorems of linear circuits; analog and digital signals; frequency spectrum; amplifier models.
2. Operational amplifiers: ideal operational amplifier; inverting and non-inverting configuration; differential amplifier; Integrator and differentiator; non-ideal amplifier.
3. Diodes: ideal diode; characteristic curves; models; the p-n junction. Zener diodes. Rectifier circuits. Clippers and dc restoration.
4. Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJT): structure and operation; characteristic curves; operation as amplifier and switch. Polarization. Models for small signals. Single stage amplifiers. Digital inverter BJT.
5. MOSFET Transistors: structure and operation; characteristic curves; operation as amplifier and switch. Polarization. Models for small signals. Single stage amplifiers. Digital CMOS inverter.
6. Introduction to digital electronics. Analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion.
Generic skills to reach
. Competence in analysis and synthesis; . Computer Skills for the scope of the study; . Competence to solve problems; . Critical thinking; . Self-criticism and self-evaluation; . Competence in oral and written communication; . Knowledge of a foreign language; . Competence in autonomous learning; . Creativity; . Competence in applying theoretical knowledge in practice; (by decreasing order of importance)
Teaching hours per semester
total of teaching hours
Sseminar or study visit
Laboratory or field work
Synthesis work thesis
Bibliography of reference
Microelectronic Circuits, Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith, Oxford University Press, 5th ed.
Princípios de Electrónica, Albert P. Malvino, McGraw-Hill, 6ª ed.
Expository theoretical lectures supplemented with laboratory and simulation classes.
Laboratório de electrónica convenientemente equipado. Computadores equipados com programa para simulação.