Systematic of elementary particles, fundamental interactions and corresponding bosons. Spectra of subatomic particles and their classification. P, C and T symmetries.
Klein-Gordon and Dirac equations. Free particles solutions. Limit of null mass and helicity. Neutrinos and V-A structure of weak theory.
Green functions and propagators of fermions and bosons. Yukawa potential in a field of bosons. Propagators.
Cross sections. Calculation of the differential cross section for e+/e- processes.
Moller, Bhabha and Compton scatterings.
Higher order diagrams. Renormalisation. Mott scattering. Proton form factor. Structure functions. Quarks and gluons.
Notions of Quantum Chromodynamics. Coupling constant. Confinement and asymptotic freedom of quarks. Mesons and barions.
Electroweak theory. Standard model. Neutral and charged currents. W± and Z0 bosons.
CP and T violations. CPT theorem.
Analysis and simulation in FAE.
Bibliography of reference
- D. Griffiths, Introduction to Elementary Particles, 2nd ed., Wiley-VCH, 2008, ISBN: 3527406018
- F. Halzen e A. Martin, Quarks and Leptons, John Wiley, 1984, ISBN: 0471887412
- D. Perkins, Introduction to High Energy Physics, 2nd ed., Addison-Wesley, 1992, 0521621968
- G. Kane, Modern Elementary Particle Physics, Addison-Wesley, 1993, 0201624605
- B. Povh, K. Rith, C. Scholtz e F. Zetesche, Particles and Nuclei, Springer, 1995.
- W. Greiner e B. Muller, Gauge Theory of Electroweak Interactions, Springer, 1996.
- W. Leo, Techniques for Nuclear and Particle Physics Experiments: a how to approach, Springer, 1987, ISBN: 9783642579202
- PDG, The Review of Particle Physics, (edição bienal), versão online http://pdg.lbl.gov