The architecture (von Neumann model) of a digital computer. Operating systems.
Binary representation of integer and real numbers, text, images and sound.
Introduction to Python programming language.
The attribution instruction. The concept of pointer and aliasing.
Numeric types: integers, long integers, floating point, and complex.
Sequences (lists, tuples and strings) and sets. Iteration and slicing. List comprehension.
Flow control instructions.
Functions. Namespaces and scope. Argument passing and return values mechanism.
Imperative and functional programming.
Modules. Files. Formatting. Input and output redirection.
Exceptions and handling instructions.
Object-oriented programming. Class and instantiation. Attributes and methods. Inheritance, encapsulation, and polymorphism. Operator overload. Introspection and metaprogramming.
Recursion. Iterators and generators.
Basic numerical methods applied to engineer problems.
Bibliography of reference
1. Documentação online do Python:
- Homepage: http://www.python.org
- Tutorial: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/introduction.html
- Tutorial em português: http://turing.com.br/pydoc/2.7/tutorial/introduction.html
2. Learning Python, M. Lutz, D. Ascher, O'Reilly
3. How to think like a computer scientist, A. Downey, J. Elkner & C. Mayers, Green Tee Press
4. Numerical methods in engineering with Python, J Kiusalaas, Cambridge University Press
5. Python for dummies, S. Maruch, A. Maruch, Wiley
6. Computadores e Programação ? Apontamentos da disciplina, Helmut Wolters