-Symmetries: chiral fermions, Noether theorem, Ward-Takahashi identities, gauge symmetries and Slavnov-Taylor identities
- Spontaneous symmetry breaking and Goldstone theorem
- The Standard Model Lagrangian: the electroweak and hadronic sectors, the Higgs sector.
- Quantization of the Standard Model Lagrangian
- QCD: asymptotic freedom and renormalization group
- The parton model
- The non-perturbatie regime of QCD and effective theory approaches
Bibliography of reference
J. F. Donoghue, E. Golowich, B. R. Hostein, Dynamics of the Standard Model, CUP (Cambridge Monographs on Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics and Cosmology), 1996
E. Leader, E. Predassi, An Introduction to Gauge Theories and Modern Particle Physics, Vol 1 & 2, (Cambridge Monographs on Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics and Cosmology), 2008;
I.J. R. Aitchison and A.J.G. Hey, Gauge theories in particle physics, Vol. I & 2 (IoP publishing 2004)
S. Pokorski, Gauge field theories, 2nd edition, Cambridge university press.