2.Production of recombinant proteins:
-Manipulation of gene expression on prokaryotes
- Heterologous protein production in Eukaryotic cells (yeast, insect cells and mammalian cells in culture). Methods and applications.
3. Protein Engineering: directed mutagenesis and random mutagenesis, methods and applications. Enzyme Redesign
4. Genomics, proteomics and metabolomics: new "omics" technologies and applications.
5. Molecular Diagnostics: Fundamentals, methods and applications.
6. Gene Therapy: Targeted Diseases. Clinical trial protocols.
6.1 Gene delivery systems: non-viral and viral systems. Advantages and limitations.
6.2 The use of liposomes in gene therapy: modulation of their properties towards in vivo application Studies of therapeutic activity in animal model.
Bibliography of reference
1.Molecular Biotechnology, 3ª edição, (2010) B.R. Glick e J. Pasternak. ASM Press, Washington DC.
2. Molecular Diagnostics: Current Technology and Applications (2006) Juluri R. Rao Horizon Bioscience.
3. Non-viral vectors for gene therapy (Leaf Huang, Mien-Chie Hung and Ernst
Wagner, Editors) Elsevier, Academic Press, second edition, Parts I and II